I found two shelves that look like this one.
And a third one that was different.
I knew I had several pieces of scrap lumber that I could use to put these together. First I cut a piece of plywood for the back.
Then I ripped several pieces for shelves to put into the drawers.
Here is one of the drawers with the shelves installed.
The third shelf wound up a little different because it already had a divider down the middle of the drawer.
Next I figured out how to attach all three drawers onto the one connecting piece. Note the closest drawer has a small divider to make it different.
I tried several positions for the middle drawer trying to get it just right.
I decided to center the middle drawer between the other two drawers.
Next I put a board along the top to tie the outside two together and secure them.
Once all the pieces were secured I decided to paint everything black. As the black went on it seemed to tie everything together and it all came together.
A little more paint and it's starting to come into focus. It will take some more coats of black to finish and maybe some accent color. On the back I attached a long piece with an angle cut that will match up to a second piece mounted on the wall. More photos of the mounting to come.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad